• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Im going to be flamed hard..

Im going to flamed hard.. Because its the Socal chapter way. But Is there any other Socal based group/site/fourm where people regularly Wheels Their jeep besides for the annual runs to big bear and what not?? Iv been thinking about this more and more, Iv only been on 3 runs with Naxja in the past 3 or 4 years iv been on here, But i wheel almost every weekend. I know you guys wont let me down with asshat repleys, So whats up?? :smoker:

I don't really know, usually those types of runs are too far for me, especially if I broke something. I don't have any other vehicle so if I break I'm screwed. I'd go wheeling a lot more if I didn't have to worry about breaking stuff all the time or better yet if I had a crap rig to wheel and not care about. Either that or if I found some different terrain.

I don't really know, usually those types of runs are too far for me, especially if I broke something. I don't have any other vehicle so if I break I'm screwed. I'd go wheeling a lot more if I didn't have to worry about breaking stuff all the time or better yet if I had a crap rig to wheel and not care about. Either that or if I found some different terrain.
Carry spare parts????????????

Sounds like you just need to find a couple of buddy's that like wheeling the stuff you do and have rigs that are built similarly.
You dont have to post up every wheeling trip or try and get 10-15 rigs involved.....just go out do your thing and when the big events are on, go and enjoy the others company.
Shit... i wheel about every other weekend or so, but rarely post up about it.
The NAXJA forum is so much more than just a place to organise the next trail run. Thats just one part of it.
If you are looking for more peeps to wheel with then you can try other forums too, as suggested, the "SoCal" chapter on Pirate or RockBrawlers.com are places i regularly hit up.

Sure i'v made a few of freinds on here, and the tech is prety good, but thats the most ridiculous thing i'v ever heard. This is a Off-road club BTW.
Actually nay, NAXJA is a CHEROKEE club, what people do with them is their own choice. Also, NAXJA is a club, and NAXJA has club events. The forum is a place for those CLUB members to go hang out and chat, and if they so choose to arrange their own wheelin' trip. How is is ridiculous to say that NAXJA is so much more than just a place to organize a run? NAXJA IS so much more than that, if you can't see that then I think you're missing the point.

I guess Cherokee and off-road dont go Hand and hand? Your right NAXJA does have club events and i have participated. Maybe im just missing the point? ANd maybe im the one of the few people that joind this place to wheel with everybody as much as possible? Maybe im just in the Wrong "CLUB" But them again, This is just my opinion, witch is naturally wrong.

Check out Just Runs and No BS Camping and Wheeling

I'd love to get out more, its just not going to happen for a while.

It's probably like the Red River chapter. We have very few events, but try to encourage people to post up "hey I'm going to.... who is coming with me". You say you wheel every weekend, why aren't you posting up a thread inviting others to come? The club gives as much as it gets... There are people to wheel with, you just gotta tell them when and where to show up, some will, some won't. Then enjoy their company when they show.

Hey ted, ill probably have my rig up by the end of this week. if all goes well we can go up to BB next weekend. Ill keep you posted.

It's probably like the Red River chapter. We have very few events, but try to encourage people to post up "hey I'm going to.... who is coming with me". You say you wheel every weekend, why aren't you posting up a thread inviting others to come? The club gives as much as it gets... There are people to wheel with, you just gotta tell them when and where to show up, some will, some won't. Then enjoy their company when they show.

X2!! Well Said. :cheers:

I think another problem is you are in San Dog and there aren't as many members down there (I think). Even if you were up in LA/OC it seems that many of the cliques set their runs up back channel. There are a few guys on here who are basically out at every race (its not crawling but it's in the dirt) and if you are willing to make the drive up you are more than welcome up here.

Sure i'v made a few of freinds on here, and the tech is prety good, but thats the most ridiculous thing i'v ever heard. This is a Off-road club BTW.

Hmmmm.....Me thinks you miss the point of all this.
We wheel, we wrench, we help each other out.
I've never felt that it was hard to find poeple to wheel with.
Like Matty said, find people who like to wheel the places you wheel.

I haven't wheeled since June and before that it was in February. Time and money have been tight. I'm going wheeling in Moab in a couple of weeks and you are welcome to come to that :)

I'll be camping in JT this weekend but no wheeling

If you want to wheel with some peepz you can check out the other groups already mentioned. Otherwise, just post up a wheeling trip and usually some will come. Dont wait for us lazy and broke bastards

I try to go out every weekend..It gets hot out here so i go first thing in the AM, then i go out for night runs..I have a couple of people that i go with now..This is why the wife owns a jeep too, she loves to go out

Back