• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How's the poor economy working out for you?

BoringDave

NAXJA Forum User
Sucks crap for me!!! I had to take a another 5% pay cut on top of a $3.00 an hour cut. And now they told me that were only going to work 30 hour work weeks. What next! Oh never mind I think I can figure this one out.

Does any one have a spare room my family and I can rent for cheep?
I cook real good! and fix just about anything.

Dave

Sucks for me to! I have been laid off for 4 months now. I had one interview and when I got there the sales manager let me know that they were not hiring. That morning they decided they couldn't afford to fill 1 of 2 vacant positions.

i got laid off right when things seemed to hit the fan. struggling to get back to normal aswell.

Well i can feel your pain i left Oregon November 17th 2005 I left my GF and all my possetions behind. I have been in California ever since. It is really getting old. I travel home every other weekend. Ive almost payed off all my bills. I will proably stay another year save some money and move home jobless and go to school.

I am lucky I have always tried to live with in my means to a point. So I don't have a huge loss other then my Cherokee. (I own all my other stuff well other then I'm also a renter) And thats another big one I was told by my land lord he is also getting in a bind and will have to sell the house. So I also have to move to.

This economy sucks crap!!!

My grandmother was in the depression and told my mom that it was only going to get worse.

WOW!! something to look forward to.

Been out of work for ten months, there is nothing out there even at 50% of what I was making. Its starting to get a little ridiculous going to interviews, I am more qualified than the person interviewing 99% of the time. I am running out of toys to sell, and McDonalds is almost starting to look like a viable job option to tide things over, at least you get free food right?

Its a roller coaster for me one month i make out good and the next its a couple weeks unenjoyment , i do agree it sucks and hope things get better soon.
I have to ask , what do you guys do for a living?

i am a body shop manager and now im back working out in the shop.

Special Finance manager at a car dealership. Can't do much when the place I worked for closed down their used operation, oh well, what can you do.

It is getting better

I started a similar thread about the same time of year, about a year ago. Then the company I work for had 450 employees. As of the end of this month we will be down to 110 world wide. We have gone through some drastic changes. I was planning on being unemployed, and figured at least I would have some time to work on my jeep. Alas I made the cuts.

Good news is that a lot of the stimulus money for small business and education is helping. We are seeing a ramp in education and corporate purchasing, both of which have been in the pits the last 7 months. It has risen so much that now we have to deal with allocation issues. Since suppliers slowed down their production lines for ASICs

It really does seem like we are pulling out of it. It will still be another couple months before the job market starts to see a pick up. Corporate spending is the first step. As they build budgets, along come jobs, and projects for contractors and so on.. I think a lot of companies, mine included are doing more with less, just to try and get back in black..

That sucks guys. I'm having trouble not getting enough free time now that I'm working 70 hours a week.

The closest thing to compare to would be telecommunications. Geek stuff. I'm at 32 hours for the week already, but I'm in Chicago for the next few weeks working on a project so the hours are a bit higher.

I own a hardwood floor company here in Eugene and all I have to say is thank god people are still remodeling their homes, otherwise I would be seriously screwed. I have 1 full time employee (was part time a year ago) and just hired another part time guy.

But this recession is far from over, I personally think that it won't get much worse, but rather stay this way for a couple of years.

The down side is, bike sales at my work seem to be done for the season...the upside is, since all of our stores were remodeled 2 years ago and mine actually moved to a new location, our store was finally discovered this last summer. For the first time during the two busiest months of the year my shop over the other two the business I work for owns had the highest sales by about 10%. This means I'm going to have a steady job till next summer at the least, which makes me happy. Being a full time student and near full time employee is a lot of work, but it pays for the rig.

Oh, and I sell bikes (pedal bikes).

~Scott

Im screwed! I have no income go to school full time and only have mabey $300 of grants to get me through the next 3 months. That wont cover this months gas bill.
Anybody need any weekend help with anything?????:helpme::flamemad::(
I do carpentry and landscaping/tree removal

Back