• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird Heater control problem.

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
Alright This one is REALLY hard to explain but pretty much my heater/ac is always on. It happened today on a trail run. Pretty much its cold when its on heat and when the control is off it is still running. i can adjust the fan speed heat blows cold and the temp control is sticking. I sure hope this is not the heater core. any help would be appreciated.

96 aw4 4.0

If the temp control is sticking, it is probably not moving the (temp) blend door. You can feel the heater hoses inside the engine bay going in and out of the heater core. They should both be pretty hot, maybe one a little hotter than the other. Does yours also have the coolant flow valve in the heater line? That might be stuck or disconnected.

The heater control valve is pretty new so it shouldn't be sticking. Seems like it isn't switching to the off position. Doesn't want to turn off at all. I checked out the fuses and they are all good. Only thing i can think of is the control box in the dash it's self.

I don't quite understand the problem from the description...
Heater problems seem to run in 2 areas. Fan control (bad resistor in heater box) and lack of vacuum which causes the vane to not end up in the right spot and is usually a bad or broken connection to the vacuum bottle in the bumper.

HTH
Ron

Back