• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Leader Required: Strike Ravine, 10/10

Vince

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
We need a volunteer to lead the group driving Strike Ravine on October 10th. This trail has been rated 'Med'.

If you are interested in leading, please post here. If someone else has already posted before you, please add your name to the list as we also need standby leaders.

I will put myself on the list for this but we still need a standby as I don't have a Jeep yet!

I could be a standby. Never ran it before, but Alex has some good info in his thread that should get my by if needs be.

Great! Thanks. I have waypoints that I recorded last year when I followed Alex. If you want them let me know.

Israel, I highly recommend prerunning the trail to get your bearings. There are trails going everywhere, and then you double back on part of it when running it as a figure "8", further complicating things. Are you good at following a GPS track? I attached a gpx file that breaks the trail into two tracks: the first half ends at Area BFE, which makes a good lunch spot. The second half takes you back out. I made them different colors to separate them. You begin and end the trail at the same spot but mostly avoid backtracking. Lemme know if I can do anything else to help. :)

Attachments

• Strike Ravine.gpx
    70.5 KB · Views: 2
I've got a rental Jeep for the weekend so I should be OK to lead.

Israel, if you want to come along to learn the route it would be nice to have a third or even a fourth person lead it instead of Alex and I all the time.

Back