• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Seats that mount easily

XJRUGGER1

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to put new front bucket seats in my 88 4 door XJ. Possibly just a manual adjust, no more electric. What is an easy seat conversion. I have seen Grand Cherokee seats used and I am wondering if that is a better option. Or can I use a newer year XJ than 1988? I am looking to get used b/c of budget purposes.

Thank You

well, I just upgraded my 88 seats, so I got some from an 89. I think they came from a Laredo, but they are way nicer than mine were. 4 bolts and done. took less than an hour for both.
Another idea I had before was to take the seats off of the rails and leave the rails in the jeep, and replace with a nice seat. I guess you would need or want manual rails though.

The only easy upgrade is a better set from a same era XJ; the mount pattern was very unique from 86-94. It changed in 95 to the same as the Grand Cherokee and Wrangler.

If you have some fab skills or have a friend with some it is fairly easy; I had a buddy make me some adapter brackets to put Grand Cherokee buckets in mine. Welding was required.

Grand Cherokee was what I was thinking, maybe even leather. What year did you pull urs from??

Does anyone have expierience with 2004 Grand Cherokee seats?

Last edited:
Back