• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any racers going to the Silver State 300 next weekend?

Dirtnrox

NAXJA Forum User
Our own FordGuy is co-driving in Pro Truck #1263 with Justin Blower...
If anyone is going out...look us up....They are going to win it!!:)

Well, let me say that it is going to probably cost $60k to fix it. We were making time on the first Pro-Truck into pit #2, Justin was driving the hell out of the Truck, We were on the Rev limiter non-stop, 105-MPH, then we stuffed the left front in a silt hole, broke the left front ball joint, Got out and changed it out in 20 Min. Back in, and started to make up some great time, then all of a sudden we came into a huge silt field, there was cars everywhere, total black out, I had him drive right off the course way out in the weeds, passed all of them, back on track clipping down power-line road at about 90+ and we see smoke ahead! they brought all of us to a stop. A class 8 truck had sheared off a power pole, just as they got out of the truck the power-lines fell on the truck and it exploded. 1.5 hour delay. Once we got restarted we were pushing it hard, a little to hard, we were winding down the mountains from 7500 ft, came into a right hand turn way too hot and all of a sudden here is a class 1 hanging off a drop off with the co-driver standing next to the buggy, we hit the car, flew off of the side hit about 60ft the first time, stuffed the left side front wheel, tore the whole left front off, truck flipped at least twice in the air and landed approx 300ft from impact, I was sooo happy I could feel my legs. We thought we killed the guys standing next to his car, but it just threw him 20ft down the embankment. We finally got picked up at PM. The IRC tracker guys said 5g hit ? all I know is, it hurts today. Glad to be home. When is the next race???

IMG_3619.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

IMG_3624.jpg

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

Last edited:
Dang, sounds like quite the ride for everybody involved! Glad everybody came out ok, aside from the truck:(. Got any pics of the damage(ooops, pics just showed up...that'll buff right out:)? Were you guys wearing a hans or similar device? Thanks and good luck patching the truck back up!

Last edited:
We hit so hard it broke the d-ring on the drivers helmet! I was wearing a really good collar, but my neck is really sore. After that, I will never drive in a home built car that is fast, I am really thank full to have been in a professionally built truck, not one sheared tube, not a broken weld.

Back