• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NSS continued :).

XJ4Christ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok today I took my NSS out and cleaned it up and installed it again. It now starts in Neutral so at least i fixed something! I didnt however happen to fix my main issue which was my rear backup lights. They still dont work, however I get power to the switch and from the switch on back toward the lights there is nothing... so anything after the NSS inline could be an issue. Any common ideas on where to look? My rig is a 1990 oh and i cant find anything for these lights in my fuse box.

I had read a thread that they dont seem to reply much on and its old lol, but here is a quote from a guy and I was wondering if anyone had a better description or picture of where this fuse might be found? I am wondering if it is my problem :)....

OK, call me nuts, but my issue with back-up lights (90 4.0 AW4) was even after I had cleaned and revamped the NSS, my back-ups still didn't work. I believe I've posted this more than a few times, but, the 7.5 A fuse on the block under the dash marked TRANS controls the Power/Comfort switch (if equipped) AND the back-up lights.

I've confirmed this on several other similar models yet nobody here seems to believe that the fuse does anything other than power the LED on the switch. Different model, different control, so on an AX15 it may be different (I have no personal knowledge of this). But it sure seems worth exploring since it's worked for me and others I know.

I found that one and it was fine. I found the 7.5 fuse (Trans) and it was blown like the article said. I dont know why i couldnt find the fuses earlier (aside from I was braindead from the heat lol). I am going to get some fuses and maybe try it and see if it blows out tomorrow.

good thing about this was that when I tested my lights i found a good hole to run my new cb antenne thru and my trailer light wiring for a good clean look :).

Oh and i think i found my vibration problem too while doing work on the NSS... i have a passenger side motor mount with jacked up rubber :).

It was the "trans" fuse (7.5 amp). It fixed the back up lights.

Back