• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.25" backspace...too little??

01sesedan

NAXJA Forum User
Was able to find a set of rims for FREE.... They are 15x8 with 3.25" backspace. Will these stick out too far? Not sure how the bearing will feel. Or what other problems they will cause.

Anyone else running the same backspace without problems??

Planning on running 33x12.50's.

Thanks..

The aluminum wheels in the link in my signature are 15x8 with 3.25" backspace on 35x12.5s. I'm happy with them.

Went to Walmart to get the tires mounted and for some reason they did not fit. The machine could not get the bead on the wheel. Weird. Gonna look for another set of wheels with 4" backspace..

Thanks...

Was able to find a set of rims for FREE.... They are 15x8 with 3.25" backspace. Will these stick out too far? Not sure how the bearing will feel. Or what other problems they will cause.

Thanks..

Recommended backspacing for XJs is 4.5".

These wheels are 3.25" backspacing. Bought them before I found NAXJA and SoCalXJ.com. Listened to counter guy at 4 Wheel Part Wholesalers instead of searching for good advice from users.

DCP_2582.jpg

Thanks..
Yup they'll stick out to far better just send em to me I'll get rid of em for ya:gag:

Went to Walmart to get the tires mounted and for some reason they did not fit. The machine could not get the bead on the wheel. Weird. Gonna look for another set of wheels with 4" backspace..

Thanks...

Take the tires and wheels to a real tire shop and you should be fine. As long as the tires and wheels are both 15" I could get them on at my shop. If there free run them till you find something else, I would. Also when I first got my XJ I put 15x8 wheels with 31/11.50/15 tires and with the stock flares it was fine.

When to another shop and got them mounted. Sticks out a little further that I expected but good for now until I buy another set of wheels. A set with 4" BS

Will search to see which fender flares would cover this some..

Hope to lift to 4.5" soon.
Here's how they look.

IMG_6928.jpg

IMG_6930.jpg

IMG_6931.jpg

IMG_6932.jpg

Better get the sawzall out!
sawzall.gif

Probably buschwackers or some rear TJ flares.

Looks like I'm gonna have to trim the fenders even with 4.5" lift. Might try 5.5" before trimming. Also have to figure out a sye that uses a front driveshaft.. Time will tell..

Looks like I'm gonna have to trim the fenders even with 4.5" lift. Might try 5.5" before trimming. Also have to figure out a sye that uses a front driveshaft.. Time will tell..
Well typically you can use a front d-shaft from an auto XJ, but there are also some good aftermarket shafts, like tom woods. Also, you could always pick up some flared fenders, that should eliminate your need to trim (or get new flares)

Back