• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Faded Black Flares, Finally a fix!!!

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Had a friend of mine suggest this stuff. It's called Bumper and Trim Black. It's made by these guys.
http://www.urethanesupply.com/mm5/m...ore_Code=URE&Product_Code=3400&Category_Code=

He works in a body shop and said they used this stuff on all their projects. I was sceptical at first as I have tried all different makes of stuff that was supposed to work but only lasted a day or so.

Well this stuff has been on for a month now and it still looks just as black as the day I put it on. Its great stuff. Just thought I would throw the word out there.

I've also had nothing but good results with Forever Black, and they seem to both be around the same price.

I just took them off the Comanche and Painted them with Krylon Plastics. Looks great and it has survived 8mo of florida sun and weather with no fading.

is it like a paint??

It goes on like a shoe polish but it soaks into the plastic to make a permanent bond of some kind.

I have used forever black and it did not work as well as this stuff. You have to mask off your paint or it will stain it black. I got a little on my doors and a little acetone took it right off.

I use pentrol on my flares works pretty good it is a flex additive for house paint apply with a foam brush wait about 5 minites wipe off exxcess with a lint free cloth.

Back