• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE LCA SuperFlex Joints- How long do they last?

Ghostrider

Member #344
NAXJA Member
I've got the Rubicon Express LCAs on my rig and have had them there for ~70K miles. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the approximate life of the the superflex joints is. I'v ebeen greasing them up avery 5K or so since I installed them. Haven't noticed any real changes but the alignment doesn't seem to hold as well as it used to. Replaced the tie rod ends and the track bar end last weekend just because (they had 50K on them and were loosening up). Any thoughts?

I've got about the same miles on mine, grease them with every oil change and they're still nice and tight. I even had them apart at about 10-15K miles ago and there wasn't much sign of wear. I think the key with these particular joints is keeping them well lubed as this practically eliminates the wear on the bushings.

i noticed the TB RE SF joint goes bad quicker than the arms. i think it is all in the lubing tho, just keep em well greased.

I use Red Sticky grease and pump it into the zerk. As far as RE heim joints like on the track bar, I use a little silicone spray after I wash it up after a wheeling trip. The mud after it dries will suck lubricant out of a joint. Only thing I spray with white lithium grease are the little u-joints on the intermediate steering shaft.

Keeping everything TIGHT and checking often makes a BIG difference as well!

Back