• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

N.Main Divide road/Santiago Peak

That road is not real exciting. I was hiking at Holy Jim Canyon a couple weeks ago and the road in had a couple little trails off to the side that looked interesting. I was in my wife's 2wd jeep. Not much wheeling in OC.

I just drove up Skyline last week (Corona Entrance), but the gate was closed for the fire season. We were lucky enough to find the gate unlocked though, however other gates were locked up top. If you make it up, plan on going the whole way down to Ortega Highway just in case you have to.

Holy Jim road is only a few miles long and VERY rocky. The side trails don't really go to far and lead you back to the main road.

Holy Jim road is only a few miles long and VERY rocky. The side trails don't really go to far and lead you back to the main road.

and also illegal to "wheel on"

I know it's just a fire road and not very challenging. I just wanted something to do for the day with the kids.

Besides my heep hasn't been off road since I put the lift on it and I'm not going to just run out to the Rubicon or Moab until I get some miles on it.

According to their web site the trail is open. As the time grows near I'll call the ranger station and confirm.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/conditions/

Back