• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

s10 Bastard Pack Mistake !?

Carlito

NAXJA Forum User
So, I have been lurking here for years since I got my XJ & this week I decided to setup a bastard pack. I just picked up some perfect used XJ rear leaf's and some s10 blazer rear leaf's from a 2001. See pics, the s10 pack is only about an inch taller than the XJ pack - is this typical? Also, eye to eye the s10 pack is 1/2" shorter than the XJ pack. I assume I made some kind of horrible mistake in picking a newer model s10.

I am swapping in a locked 4.88 Ford 8.8 at the same time, so I can build my perches a little taller to compensate. I am also putting in some old 4.5" coils left over from my TJ when I upgraded to 5.5 RE longarm.

Anyone see any issues here or is it the stiffness of the pack and the amount is sags under weight that decides the lift?

hasta

springs1.jpg

springs2.jpg

the S10 pack will be fine, you are going to take it apart and put it int he XJ pack anyways, so the eye to eye distance is fine, and the height diff. is fine too. just put the S10 main into yours below your main, and then another S10 leaf too if you want more height.

the S10 pack will be fine, you are going to take it apart and put it int he XJ pack anyways, so the eye to eye distance is fine, and the height diff. is fine too. just put the S10 main into yours below your main, and then another S10 leaf too if you want more height.

Thanks. Just wasn`t sure if I got some bogus one off leaf pack that was supposed to go on a 1982 Camaro.

I`ll probably tear it apart this weekend and see how it goes.

Oh yeah, on the upside the s10 pack has alot of space between leaves and those pads are really thick and slippery smooth compared to the 1992 XJ pack.

When I used the DakPak... I just alternated xj leafs, and dak leafs... until I had one that was a good arch and spring rate.

Dose it matter what year s10 you use?

That is what I was hoping to find out with this thread. I have not done my pack yet, but when I do i`ll update. Mine came form a 2001 s10 blazer, and is 1/2" shorter eye to eye than the XJ pack. Whereas all the threads i`ve read the s10 pack is longer than the XJ pack.

That is what I was hoping to find out with this thread. I have not done my pack yet, but when I do i`ll update. Mine came form a 2001 s10 blazer, and is 1/2" shorter eye to eye than the XJ pack. Whereas all the threads i`ve read the s10 pack is longer than the XJ pack.

You're going to cut the eyes off of the S10 main leaf any way...correct?
Just put the main S10 leaf directly under the main XJ leaf and call it good.

Nothing to worry about.:D

I believe there is a difference between the 2wd and 4wd S10 leafs, also an S10 truck is longer than a S10 blazer so that is probably why they are shorter?

Back