• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Movin up from a RE 3.5 to a 4.5

bmpweXJ

NAXJA Forum User
The there aren't much difference between the two kits, here's the main stuff I'll be buying:

RE1310 COIL SPRINGS XJ 4.5"/PAIR $140.00
RE1380 BUMPSTOPS 2" FRONT LOWER $20.00
RE2700 SHACKLE XJ REAR 5" $81.00

XJ is a DD / exploration rig that I want high quality stuff that works well and lasts - I plan on keeping this thing forever. Knowing that I'm gonna grab these parts to complete the kit, are there any other compatible components you guys would recommend instead of these?

I like and needed the adjustable control arms (upper and lower) and the drop brackets. HD track bar and bracket and the RE track bar bracket brace. Do you have any driveline modifications done?

I firmly support your decision to throw all the parts you can find, beg, buy or steal on to your rig, but my only question is why?

Why do you want to lift it more? What do you want your rig to do that it is not doing currently? What kind of trails are you running that your rig can't now handle?

If it's a daily driver and exploration rig, my opinion is that 33" tires are too tall. It's just not necessary. For just exploration, 31" tires, 3" lift, a TruTrac in the rear, heavy duty bumpers, a Pull Pal and movable winch would be my choice.

33's look real nice on a 4.5" RE lift

I firmly support your decision to throw all the parts you can find, beg, buy or steal on to your rig, but my only question is why?

Why do you want to lift it more? What do you want your rig to do that it is not doing currently? What kind of trails are you running that your rig can't now handle?

If it's a daily driver and exploration rig, my opinion is that 33" tires are too tall. It's just not necessary. For just exploration, 31" tires, 3" lift, a TruTrac in the rear, heavy duty bumpers, a Pull Pal and movable winch would be my choice.
I want to be able to handle just about anything that comes along. Sure, I could probably get by with 31's, but I want 33's. That's why. (I don't actually drive it every day. I have a Honda Civic that I put most of my miles on. But, if weather demands or I just feel like it, I want it to serve the same purpose.)
33's look real nice on a 4.5" RE lift
Agreed, they already look damn good with the 3.5" RE.
I like and needed the adjustable control arms (upper and lower) and the drop brackets. HD track bar and bracket and the RE track bar bracket brace. Do you have any driveline modifications done?
I scored the HD track bar on craigslist and am going to pick up the bracket from my source. I'm thinking about going with the JKS shortarms, they're only about $150 more than the RE. As for drive line, before I go up another inch, I'm going to swap out my 231 for a 242. I'll be able to do the SYE then. 4.56s go in next week.

Back