• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Build me an ultimate 4" lift?

Nova Wake

NAXJA Forum User
Ive been looking around and so far i like the looks of the DPG OME ultimate kit, my question is if you had the goal of a 4" lift what would be all the components you would want? my goal is to get as complete or more complete as the DPG OME kit but for less money. For your info the DPG kit comes with the following. Post what your ideal lift would be along with a rough price. the below is $1600.00

* OME Long Travel Shocks
* OME Leaf Springs w/ D22XL Extra Leafs
* OME Coil Springs & Spacers
* JKS Quicker Disconnects
* JKS Adj. Trackbar
* JKS Adj Lower Control Arms
* DPG Adj Rear Bumpstop Plate Kit
* New U-Bolt Kit
* Front Extended Bump stops
* DPG Swaybar Disco Cables
* Leaf Spring Bushings
* DOT SS Brakelines (F&R)

Ive been looking around and so far i like the looks of the DPG OME ultimate kit, my question is if you had the goal of a 4" lift what would be all the components you would want?

The answer is always different depending upon what YOU want YOUR Jeep to do.

Solo camping fishing?
Slow speed crawling?
Go fast racing?

If there was such an animal as the ultimate suspension system, then a Formula 1 car would look just like a Monster Truck.

Ive been looking around and so far i like the looks of the DPG OME ultimate kit, my question is if you had the goal of a 4" lift what would be all the components you would want? my goal is to get as complete or more complete as the DPG OME kit but for less money. For your info the DPG kit comes with the following. Post what your ideal lift would be along with a rough price. the below is $1600.00

* OME Long Travel Shocks
* JKS Adj. Trackbar
* New U-Bolt Kit
* Leaf Spring Bushings

you have kind of answerd your own question... IMO the DPG kit is one of the most complete kits... that's the beauty of it. maybe replace the factory bump stops with prothane or something more durable than the factory rubber(mine disintegrated).

this is also if you are looking for a mild wheeling rig that rides awesome(ome stuff)

Alright, I will hijack here, so sorry. What would you tell this guy IF he were building a rock crawler with a 4" lift? I have found 4" of lift suitable for many trails 'o' rock but I am adding about 1.5" just to clear my 32s and to crawl the rest of the trails. Any old pros wanna chime in here with the"best" lift? I am just curious what has worked best for the experienced. Personally, the acos and shackle relocation brackets will be my third lift.

Most people on here would likely tell you the best lift is one designed and built by you specifically for what you want. Lots of guys here have made their own long arm suspensions, coilover setups, etc.

I'd look into the RE coils up front instead of the OME just because the RE coils a taller and should allow you to sit level without the spacers up front. Plus they should be a little stiffer. Add upper control arms into the mix and you'd be good. I bought the DPG/RE hybrid a while back (since gone to an RK 3 link) and the upper arms are the only thing I wish had been in the kit. I don't trust the stock ones for wheeling, especially with bigger tires and lots of flex.

* OME Long Travel Shocks
* JKS Adj. Trackbar
* New U-Bolt Kit
* Leaf Spring Bushings

Do you know what springs this kit comes with?

Thanks for the imput, mostly my rig will be for fishing, camping and the occational offroad venture. But have a good ride and lowcenter of gravity(my other thread) for daily driving and longer hauls for fishing with a canoe atop. This will/is be my daily driver.

Is 4" of lift not enough to consider a long arm kit? That could smooth out the ride and add articulation. IMO the ultimate lift means price is out the window.

Thanks for the imput, mostly my rig will be for fishing, camping and the occational offroad venture. But have a good ride and lowcenter of gravity(my other thread) for daily driving and longer hauls for fishing with a canoe atop. This will/is be my daily driver.

For that kind of wheeling, you should be concerned with traction, safety and the ability to self extract in case of getting stuck. I may be wrong, but I assume that most campers/fishers travel solo. If you are planning on traveling solo, you don't need a tall lift. 3" or 3.5" at most. 31" tires and a limited slip like a Truetrac in the rear will carry you through 90% of all roads. Heavy duty bumpers and a movable winch with a Pull Pal and assorted chains, tree saver, snatch blocks and straps will allow you to self extricate.

Don't go crazy and over build for your purpose. OME springs offer a smooth and softer ride and might be well suited for your purposes. Stay away from spacers and add a leaves. Instead, buy the correct coils and leaves for the lift you want. Leaf springs come with bushings. Why are you buying extra bushings?

Don't forget about rock rails and underbody armor.

I'd dump the spacers and go for an ACOS. The OME 934s should net you 3" of lift, and the ACOS will give you another 1.25". I'm actually running that combo on the front and i have just a hair under 5" of lift, also running RC Drop Brackets and JKS lower control arms - about to get some RC uppers.

In the back, I have the OME 3" packs w/ their AAL and a JKS 1" shackle - gives me right about 5" of lift.

I have run Kevin's trackbar and bracket in the past, and it is great, but I do think I like the RE HD Trackbar, bracket and brace a little better.

I did this same lift and added the JKS adj. upper control arms as Kittrell suggested. I also went with ACOS adjustable spacers (since I planned on adding a winch) and 1" shackles. I'm very pleased with the setup's road & trail manners.

Back