• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aussie locker and 4.56 re-gear

mrtosh

NAXJA Forum User
Been running a Aussie in my 8.25 with stock gears for some time now. Looking to regear to some 4.56s and remember reading somewhere that something has to be done either with the cross shaft or the ring gear teeth themselves. Can anybody confirm or deny if this needs to be done or not?

Thanks advance

I've heard you either have to notch the cross shaft pin or shave down some of the inside ring gear teeth to allow the cross shaft to go back in.

I shaved one tooth down on the ring to get the cross shaft in.

EDIT open spider gears BTW

I shaved one tooth down on the ring to get the cross shaft in.

^ I did the same thing. did 4.56 gears and have the Aussie locker. 29 spline shafts. been running it a year so far and no problems :)

i have a tooth and a half on my ring gear ground down to fit the cross shaft in. i have a 29 spl 8.25 with a no-slip. locker or not doesn't matter. something needs to be ground. my personal preference would be the ring gear. the amount you need to grind will not significantly affect a good pattern.

When you mount the ring gear,try to index it so that the crosshaft falls between 2 teeth,that will keep grinding to a minimum.

Back