• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heads up Ecology half price 10/03 and 10/04

5150xj

NAXJA Member # 1215
Here is the email they sent me.
Tim D

Ecology Auto Parts is proud to kick off Autumn with FALLING prices at their HALF OFF SALE! Saturday, October 3rd and Sunday, October 4th 2009 when all Parts are 50% off.*

Two days to save 50% off all parts* at Ecology locations located in Santa Fe Springs, Wilmington, Rialto, Fontana, Thousand Palms, Adelanto, Lancaster, Oceanside, San Diego and two in Chula Vista. Remove it yourself and Save BIG Money. What could be easier?

Shop at Ecology Auto Parts! Where All parts* will be discounted 50% on October 3rd and 4th, 2009.
We look forward to seeing you at your closest Ecology Auto Parts on October 3rd and 4th, 2009.

Don't forget to bring your tools and save BIG! That’s the Ecology Way!

Check our website, www.ecoparts.com, for maps and other information. Opening time varies by location but most yards will be open by 7am. Be sure to call your closest yard for exact times.

We look forward to serving you.

Ecology Auto Parts
“The Original Serve Yourself Wrecking Yard”
1-800-444-5865

*Offer excludes big diesel truck parts at our Santa
 Fe Springs location. Offer Excludes all Pre-pulled parts . 50% off offer cannot be combined with any other offer; free admission coupons or 2 for 1 coupons are NOT
 valid on sale days. All prices plus sales tax. Core charges apply on select items. 50% off valid in California only.

I wish they would have more sales, PYP has a lot of half off sales and they post them on the website (October 9-12 they are having a half-off sale FYI). Although from looking at Ecology they posted it on their site too. Last time I went to Ecology on a half off day however, it was only for certain parts like interior stuff like seats.

BTT, Just a reminder its this Sat and Sun
Tim

hey so ive never been to an Ecology before going this weekend to axle hunt, what do I need to bring? you pull it yourself correct? so just need to bring tools and a jack pretty much?

pretty sure they are all on blocks, at least they were the one time I went. You may still be able to use a jack to pull the axle. Not sure if they have carts to use, maybe somebody else will chime in, might see you down there.

you cant bring a jack to ecology ask a worker to help they will lift it with a forklift so you can get under it all other tools are ok and they have carts and hoists

Does anyone know if you can call ahead to see if they have a specific year/make/model car and part? I don't want to drive all the way down there from SB for nothing. Thanks.
I still have the door and hatch for you.

Have someone who is going pick something up for you.

Last edited:
ahh ok thanks for the input guys, im probably going to be going to the Oceanside one on Saturday going to try and go in the morning. Praying for a D44

hey so ive never been to an Ecology before going this weekend to axle hunt, what do I need to bring? you pull it yourself correct? so just need to bring tools and a jack pretty much?

Last time i had to pull an axle, i just brought a sawzall and a small generator. It wasnt on a crazy weekend though, and i wouldnt count on getrting away with it twice:shocked:

good luck on that!

Well that answers my question, haha! I've never been to any PAP (or whatever) so I have no clue what types of cars you might find there. I'm assuming in a place like LA there might be a bunch of Mercedes, BMW's, etc... that have body damage from the lousy drivers on their cell phones, but what do I know? :wave:

Well that answers my question, haha! I've never been to any PAP (or whatever) so I have no clue what types of cars you might find there. I'm assuming in a place like LA there might be a bunch of Mercedes, BMW's, etc... that have body damage from the lousy drivers on their cell phones, but what do I know? :wave:

I seen different types of Mercedes at the yards but most are picked off pretty good.

Buddy of mine just was at the Oceanside Ecology and said there was 12-15 XJ's, many of them post 97, in the yard. Just passing on the info. Might have to take a drive up Sunday.

Back