• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drivers window noise while moving

roverdisco

NAXJA Forum User
I have done a search and have not found an exact match to my issue. I have a 2000 xj sport and the drivers side window makes a vibration noise only while going up. I do not have the clicking at the top or bottom that is common to the gear issue. It went form being perfectly normal to the noise with no indication that something was wearing out. I have not pulled toe door panel yet but thought I would ask to see if anyone else has had this issue. The speed of the window looks to be fine and I have not seen any hesitation. Thanks in advance for any help!

Have you tried lubing it? A judicious use of some silicone spray works wonders. Don't go hog wild with it.

i'll second the lubrication issue

take off the door panel and lube the forward and rear tracks that the window slides, as well as the main guide in the center. I like spray silicone lube for the tracks, and white lithium grease for the main guide.

also, just do a visual inspection to make sure nothing looks bent or out of alignment (common sense will serve you well here)

Back