• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hammerite spray paint

Andy Steiner

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Can't remember where I got it last time, but that's what I used to paint my cargo rack.

Where can I find it?

Ace Hardware. Remember no Rustoleum brand.

that crap doesnt come purple?

Funny man. I managed to find all that information myself. I asked here only because I was truly at a dead end. The best I could figure out is that Hammerite, while still manufactured is no longer distributed to the United States.

In fact, I can't find the paint I used listed on the products page on Hammerite's website. Nor is a link to a USA distributor.

RustCapSpray.jpg

Years ago, when I painted my cargo rack, I used Hammerite Bronze. Bought it at Home Depot. HD no longer sells or stocks Hammerite. Tried the local Ace Hardware. They don't sell it either. The local auto paint suppliers have never heard of it.

I found a couple of online stores but at $15 a can, I'm wondering if powder coating the rack might be cheaper. j/k

Back