• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heavy Duty Cylinder Head!?! Anybody

Curt'sY2KXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Curt'sY2KXJ here, my 2000 cherokee i just got done building started missing monday when i started it to go to work. After the 3rd day of this I checked it out. Noticed my antifreeze was low. Filled it up and checked it after a short trip and the resivoir tank which was once full was empty. Though this isnt good looked around for a leak. Found nothing checked my oil nothing. Pulled a o2 sensor and noticed a slight bit of green on it. Then thought really great! Did a compression check and found out I am very low on compression in cylinder 5. So I wanna replace gasket and possibly if needed the head. Wanna get something better than stock. My question is what company or companies make a good aftermarket replacement, that will hold up to the rigors of offroading. Anything will help steer me in the right direction. Thanks.:helpme:

Alabama Cylinder head makes a strengthened 0331 head (100% bolt on) if you don't want to do any mods and put and earlier one on. An earlier head will work, but you need to fab up a mount for the coil rail and use an after market header

Any problems with th 0630? I def dont wanna run into the problem again. I plan on wheeling my jeep pretty often. With not alot of speed involved and want a reliable head that doesn't mind that.

Its not your hardcore wheeling that cracked your head, it is the stock 0331 casting that had a flaw in it. The Alabama head addresses this issue. Nothing front with the 0630 one either.

I suggest searching on there first for 0331, cracked head, etc.

Back