• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Q about front bumper Tie-in bracket

johnferg69

NAXJA Forum User
So I made the mistake of buying front bumpers that only bolted to factory location. I emailed JCR about their front bumper tie in brackets. Was told the mounts on the front bumper needs to be 1/2 wider than the frame rails. Out comes the measuring tape. Both are dead on 33".
Any ideas of how to squeeze 1/4 plate in between or another way to sure up the bumper?

why can't you just put the brackets on the outside of the bumper mount. basically sandwiching the bumper mount instead of the tie in bracket. you would have to put spacers on the other holes and possibly longer bolts depending if jcr gives you extra length on the bolts or not. i don't see why it will not be just as effective.

why can't you just put the brackets on the outside of the bumper mount. basically sandwiching the bumper mount instead of the tie in bracket. you would have to put spacers on the other holes and possibly longer bolts depending if jcr gives you extra length on the bolts or not. i don't see why it will not be just as effective.

Duh! Now WTF didn't I just think of that! Old age is taking its toll, or maybe its just the hard drugs on the weekends:yap:

To add to this, I would take some plate that was the same thickness of the bumper mounts and "replicate" the area along the frame to match the JCR tie ins. This would give you the "spacer" and would transfer more load over a larger surface. Would really strenghten up the frame rail. Just adding spacers where the holes go thru would transfer load into spots and would not be as strong and could even tear/compress the area they were at.

Just my .02 worth.

Back