• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question about vent line

360-gpn

NAXJA Forum User
I have a vent line that goes from my transfer case to????? and that's where the problem is, it was hanging down the other day and I can't find where the other end ties onto. It's a rubber hose with a 1.5 inch long tube, it also has a fixed bracket with it and the other end is connected to the t-case vent tube. I've looked everywhere, and am afraid that it may connect to the top side of the tranny. I had the engine rebuilt, and I have a feeling it's another bolt of many that the mech left loose. Any help would be appreciated.

This hose is only long enough to reach front of the tranny, the tube on the end of it looks like a vent tube. So it may not actually connect to anything, it does have a bracket built on to the tube so it came from a bolt somewhere. Thanks for the response.

If there is a bracket it went to one of the transmission bolts. Don't make the effort to bolt it back on to the original bolt. Just zip tie it behind the head. It never connected to anything.

I appreciate the help, your right it's just a vent. And they mounted it in a bad place. So I just mounted to the bell housing only higher up so it shouldn't suck in any water. Happy Wheelin'

It goes up to the top of the bell housing and stops at a hold-down clamp. I ran new hoses for the tranny and tcase from the dip-stick and put breather caps on them for peace of mind.

Tranny_Breathers.sized.jpg

Back