• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 cherokee

Cartoad

NAXJA Forum User
Any help would be arppreciated. I have an 88 Jeep Cherokee Laredo that is having an issue with flooding. I replaced the tired 4.0l with a new 4.0l. I have replaced the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, crank positioning sensor, map sensor, Idle air control, o-rings and seals on the injectors,fuel filter, replaced the oem air filter with an aftermarket air raid. With all that said, the jeep will start, but runs extremely rich. The engine runs like it is flooded. Any suggestions?:helpme:

check out the how to on the link below. I'm very new to RENIX but it seems like your intake air temp sensor, coolant temp sensor could be bad. The TPS *might* be out of adjustment. The site below explains how to adjust the TPS as well as test the other sensors. all you need is a multimeter.

http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Engine/Basic_Sensors_Diagnostics.htm

i would say check the pressure get a reading better description of the problems by testing get a voltameter or digital with all setting ohms, volts, etc and start poking around on the related parts which ever is outta range thats ya problem
If i were to through parts i would say regulator

As the others posted CTS, MAT, O2, cracked header upstream of O2.

What injectors are you running?

Ok, fuel pressure regulator checks out, as well as the MAT,CTS,O2 sensor is new. There are no breaks or cracks in the header up or down stream. The injectors or OEM, I took them down to a shop and and them test and clean them. Then I installed them with a new seal kit for the rail and injectors. Could it be in the fuel pump itself? I stretching here I know, but there aren't many parts let that haven't been changed.:helpme:

Well, what temp is your engine running at? If it is running too cool you may be in open loop mode and running rich.

Back