• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

32" OLD MT/R or new BFG KM2?

Red97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have 32x11.5x15 on my xj, I have gotten over 50,000 miles out of em. (rotate EVERY 3,000).

This is my DD. Midwest.

I had my heart on the new KM2 cause I love the look, and I heard they may be even quiter than the MTRs I have. But, I have to stay 32's, and I can't find these.... are they making them?

I don't like the look of the new MT/R's with kevlar.... made me wonder if there are any of the old one's sitting on shelves for sale cheap? Anyone know of any?

Any other 32" you HIGHLY recommend from PERSONAL experience? Again, my dd, but need to perform offroad as well. ya, I want my cake and eat it to.... with icecream!

Thanks guys, as always, I truly appreciate your input.

I love the new MTRs and the KM2s I am torn on what ones I am going to buy, and I know that the KM2 are why quieter then the old MTRs. We bought hundreds of the old MTRs and we have almost none left in our inventory. Plus if you found a set and later needed to replace one where are you going to get one after there all gone? The new sidewalls on the MTRs are thicker and feel tougher then the old ones.
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tires/BF...3&t_s=156&t_pt=100697&t_pl=6396&t_pn=BFG33561

Last edited:
I assume midwest=mud. Go with the km2s since they seem to do the best in the mud compared to the MTRs. People seem to like the Trxus MT for a good mud/road/ice/snow tire, but I doubt you would get 50k miles on them.

For that matter, I doubt youll get 50k miles on most MTs.

Another good mud/ice/snow tire is the Maxxis Bighorn. Read lots of review and they seem to be real popular...surprised no one has mentioned them.

Well, the Goodyear MT/R is a "maximum traction" tire not a mud terrain tire, which is one of the reasons they do so well on/off road and better than most in the mud/snow/ice.

Yes we have lots of mud in the midwest, but I avoid it at all cost.... hate the clean up time. I do run lots of trails, some sand at the dunes, some rocks at badlands, but 99% its on the road :(

If they make 32" BFG, and they are quite, that is my tire! Anyone have first hand experience of an old mtr vs the new KM2? If so, ride quietness? Traction on and off road? Mud? Sand? Rock? etc, any other input would be SO awesome!

Thanks guys!

Oh, yeah, on the 50K out of my mtr's. I get my oil changed at EVERY 3000 or just under that, and the place that does my oil change will rotate for free with oil change, so EVERY 3,000, they get rotated!

Back