• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Trip Sunday 9-20-2009

GlueNTape

NAXJA Forum User
Justin (OrangePeel) and I are heading out to Run some trails this sunday. He hasn't been able to make the last few wheeling trips, so whats a friend supposed to do.. I can't let him go alone.

We will be a rogers staging area for a a 10:15~10-30 Depatrure. Anyone is welcome to come join us for some trails. I am going to try and plot a course on my GPS to maximize our Time on Trail compaired to grab ass on forest road..

The weather should be perfect along with the trail conditions.. dry with some sloppy spots..

We will run as many trails as possible, some of the highlights would be

Bates Road
Can Opeaner
Fire Break Five
WaterFall
Airplane hill

and other trails in between.

Should be a good day.

Meeting time -

Rogers Staging area, 9:45~10:15

Hope some of you can make it.

If you can try and run Saddle Up if you haven't already. It's between the last section of FB5 and Airplane Hill. Let us know what you think about it being a possible adoption candidate.

I'm Heading up Sunday also with 3 friends. to plan our run on the 4Th Were do you guys usually meet

We usually meet at Rogers Staging area. Which is the immediate left after you turn off the 6 towards browns camp. we are planning on being there and getting air'd down and setup so we can roll out for the trails around 10:15

It would be great to have more rigs in the lineup. Always makes for a good time.

Shoot me a call if your not sure where I am talking about Five0three - 9four1-00five2

Dave.

What a day...

Holy Moly. batman. I didn't get home until 11:30pm last night. We had a good day running Trails. It was cool to meet Brian, Derek, Larry, and the others. Sorry if I screwed up some names, its hard meeting so many then keeping them straight.

I got some cool pics and video. I will post later.

When Most of the group split, and Justin and I went for Airplane hill.. the evening got interesting.

On the first rock "slope" right before the hill, Justin Blew a ring gear in the back. So winched him ALL the way up Airplane Hill.. then I towed up up to the filter..and we winched him threw it..

We didn't have enough parts to repair it safely, so with some help with some guys on the trail, we arranged a tow and got her home.

All N all it was a good day.

For Trails we ran -
WaterFall
Can Opener
Rocky Uphill
Saddle up
Airplane hill.

I ran into Jahmaal (OHV) again on the trails, he was heckling me on can opener. He Mentioned he sent a bunch on into to one of us ( Dustin?) We were talking about events, as he was overseeing a Motorcycle poker run. They have a general Scheduling meeting in November. Where groups can pick a weekend. Priority and dibbs go with the groups with the most volounteer hours and support. We talked for awhile.. He is a great guy.

We ran Saddle up to check it out. Great trail. Very mild for the most part, at the end there is a nice drop that ate my passenger mirror. I was chatting with my passenger instead of paying attention.. friendly tree reached out and grabbed me.

Its as good as a trail to adopt as any other. We need to just move forward.

Yes definatly a good time, and it was good meeting everyone, including my neighbor lol.
Sorrys to hear about the broken parts. My friend has 90 or so pics also I will try to get a link to them for everyone.

Sounds like it was a fun and eventful day. Has Justin cracked the cover yet to make sure it was the gears? Breaking the teeth on a 44 isn't a very common thing. Was the rear axle hopping when it happened?

Yes, Jahmaal did send me a bunch of stuff regarding trail adoption and event sponsorship. Was that your third weekend in a row running into him? I'm glad to see he's out and interacting with the OHV community.

Yes definatly a good time, and it was good meeting everyone, including my neighbor lol.
Sorrys to hear about the broken parts. My friend has 90 or so pics also I will try to get a link to them for everyone.

I will send you PM later tonight. I have an FTP he can put them on. I have some good video of the rocky uphill tow.

Justin mentioned you helped him pull the axle :thumbup: Thats awesome. It was good meeting, great your close, easier to rally up the wagons and wheel.

Sounds like it was a fun and eventful day. Has Justin cracked the cover yet to make sure it was the gears? Breaking the teeth on a 44 isn't a very common thing. Was the rear axle hopping when it happened?

Justin's not one to be light on his rig. He was working to "bump" up a ledge on Airplane hill. The first little climb of airplane hill was dug out, due to the 2 beasts on 40's roaring up the trail in front of us.

As he bumped it there was a huge Snap. We thought it was an axle, but it turned out to be his ring N Pinon. about 1/4 of the teeth were sheered by the time we got it to the extraction point.

He also bent the splines on his passenger axle.

Airplane hill has gotten a lot more challenging. There were very large rocks, just in the middle of the trail. Some of it must be from large rigs pushing them around.
I highly recomend it :rtm:

Yes, Jahmaal did send me a bunch of stuff regarding trail adoption and event sponsorship. Was that your third weekend in a row running into him? I'm glad to see he's out and interacting with the OHV community.

Its funny. Since I met him a couple weeks back it Rod, I have run into him every time I go out there. I forget who is counter part is, but they have a mission to help create an world class OHV system in TSF. I offered to help ODF with events and Office meetings with AV equipment if they need it. Or for fund raising. We were talking about a Trail N Movie event. He is a great guy, I enjoy his passion for the trails.

Yeah I'm always down to help out, and I'm always down to go wheelin. I'm working on my rock sliders this week so I'm ready. Also gonna invest in diff skid plates....

Back