• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys OffRoad Long Arm?????????

mfds91cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Is the rusty' s Long arm for a XJ any good or worth the money? What About the other rusty's products? Any feed back on there products would be greatly appreciated.

can you run the RK kit with the JCR stage 2 sliders? or are the mounts in the same spot? i ordered up the sliders and i am curious about this long arm setup with the sliders

thanks for all the imput I am not sure what i am going to do but think the rustys kit might work out. I am just worried about having something go wrong. I wheel in evens creek all the time.

I've seen the upper arm welds break completely off on the Rustys long arms doing extremely mild wheeling on Cleghorn here in CA. That turned me off instantly among other issues. I would recommend Clayton, TNT, rockkrawler Long Arms

I've seen the upper arm welds break completely off on the Rustys long arms doing extremely mild wheeling on Cleghorn here in CA. That turned me off instantly among other issues. I would recommend Clayton, TNT, rockkrawler Long Arms

hitting the notch hard???????

if you do get it,make sure you put the right bolts in it. a knew a guy that had it and they sent him grade 5 7/16 bolts to put thru the joints at the frame with at least a 9/16 bolt hole. rattle like none other. i still cant believe it never broke...

Rusty's has tarnished his reputation around here, but making some inferior parts, and of course, some good ones, too.LOL But recently there seems to be a slew of issues with bushings and welds breaking in the Rustys part world. They keep putting it back on the customer, either that is not warranted, it was abused, LOL why are we buying these parts, not to drive to the mall and look cool. I have 2 Jeep lifted right now on Rusty's lifts my 98 XJ, and the wifes 07 JK. BOTH track bars in the JK have already been replaced. They BOTH wore out on the adjustment bung, and they blamed it on abuse. LOL that Wrangler was never offroaded yet.. LOL unless you want to call spotting for deer on logging roads 4 wheelin..I called them on both occasions, and was told they were NOT covered, and it was our fault, and we did not tighten up the jam nut.. LOL BS, I know how install a lift.. I put the JKS bars on the front and rear, and no issues, and they are twice as beefy as the Rusty's crap, and cheaper. I really used to like the folks down there, and was a very happy customer at one time, but when I get treated like that, and LOL they never even seen the part, they say we installed incorrectly, and make that decision. I forgot to mention the rear bar went at 17K miles on it, and the front bar went at 23K miles... I put the lift on my XJ 2 yr ago in July, and I replaced all 4 of my rear leaf spring bushings in February, because they were non existant, and Rusty's only warranties bushings for 6 months..LOL another crock of BS. The FACT is that the rear leaf spring was designed by them with smaller leaf eyes in the front and rear, thus adding to the pre mature failure of the bushing. I can keep on going with all the things that others,a s well as myslef have went through, but it is up to you. Spend a little more with a more reputable company, and get a better quality part, and have a better experience, or deal with what I am dealing with on our 2 Jeeps. The question in the back of my mind when I am driving them now, is What is next to break?

Yeah, I was happy that I bought my Jeep with a Rusty's 3" AAL lift. I wasn't impressed and replaced everything within a year.

I run the BDS 3.5" lift, got it back in late '05, vehicle was my DD until summer '08 when I graduated college. Summer jobs I put 60 miles per day on the rig (just work, more daily miles if we include the evening joy rides/wheeling) and everything feels just as good as when I got it. Only thing that 'clunks' at all is the track bar relocation bracket, It started maybe 2 after I installed it, I just had to tighten it down a bit and it has been fine since (until I took it XJ off the road in '08, XJ sat for a year and had the clunk again on its '09 maiden voyage around the block to see what needed repairing after sitting for so long)... Great system and I would recommend BDS any day of the week. Will possibly be going to their long arm kit unless I design/build my own.. may cost a bit more than others but I have had a great experience so I can't complain. Not to mention their lifetime no questions asked warrenty. Not sure if that's still going or not, but I have it on my kit and have never had to think about using it.

Edit, just went to BDS's site to check out recent prices and they are giving out 150$ cabella's gift cards if you spend 750$ or more. Made me laugh since it is "a deal so good you'll pitch a tent". And yes, still no BS lifetime warrenty (as long as the original purchaser owns the vehicle)

Last edited:
The long arm kit is the tits. For the price you pay compared to other kits, it's not a bad deal. I've had mine on for about 3 years and cannot think of a single negative about it. They also make some way beefy skid plates that I would dare say are some of the best out there.

Unfortunately, there are also some products that they offer that are complete crap. The tie-rod conversion kit blows. But that's the extent of my experience. I would recommend some products, like the long arm kit and skid plates, but strongly discourage other products from them. They definitely don't have all their ducks in a row yet, but hopefully they are trying to improve because they are very competitive with their prices.

what about the rubicon express long arm up grade kit anyone running this. I have there lift already but not long arm. I really just want my ride back it rides like crap. and yes the rustys tie rod conversion blow balls!!!!!

Back