• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME leafs?

redyakfly

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2wd 2000 limited DD that I tow a small bass boat 1500lbs. I going to replce the rear leafs. I was looking at the HD springs for Quadratec but noticed the OME are close enough to that price. Did not start out looking for a lift but for a few more inches for the same price or close to makes sense. Do the OME last longer than the crowns and should I be looking at the HD OME or the light load OME? Will just add a spacer up front to even it out and already running OME shocks that I got from someone changing their lift.

i have 9 years of use and abuse on my OME leafs and coils.
a 1500lb bass boat, and what does the trailer weigh? less than the boat I would assume...
So, you'll have approx. 300lbs or less of tongue weight?
Light duty would handle that fine, but, if you load up the cargo area as well, and carry folks in he rear seats too... maybe medium or heavy.

Call Dirk at DPG offroad, very helpfull guy.

I just put the medium rate OME's on my '95 and I love the way it rides. But I would go with the heavy rate ones if I was towing or loading it down very often. Good luck.

"Quadratec HD leaves" = Crown Up Country replacement springs. Available from other sponsors for less. Reference the manufacturer part numbers.

I just did a 2" lift with OME springs (CS035RAs) because they only cost $24 more than OME HD springs, I definitely like the way it rides. I'll be finishing the job with a pair of OME934 front springs and possibly some spacers/shackles (depending on how it levels out, I want the back a half inch higher than the front with respect to stock differences so it'll be level once it sags a little in the back) tonight after they get delivered by UPS.

Last edited:
Are you looking to lift the front any? Or just adding a stiffer/stronger spring to the rear to accomodate the weight of the boat? If that's the case I'd just do the crown HDs and a cheap set of shocks like monroes. Once the springs settle in the rear they will sit an inch or more higher than stock- add the weight to of the boat, you'll have a level ride.

How rough do you think the HD crown springs will ride with little to no extra weight in the jeep? I have a 98 with factory suspension that is totally shot and I was looking for about 1-2" of lift. I was gonna do the OME coils in the front (1.5"-1.75") and considering either the OME leafs for the rear or these crown ones, since they're cheaper. Thanks.

I have an ome lift from Dirk at DPG offroad. I got the HD and love them. I have added a bumper and such and the back sagged. There is an extra leaf that can be inserted and it matches the pack. It is my DD and very nice ride. I did 6000miles this summer touring out west with the family and we loved it. cheers

Back