• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99-01 5spd cruise wiring

gm tech

NAXJA Forum User
:helpme:ive got a 99 5spd 4.0 im put bone yard cruise in but it doesnt work only the "cruise" light on the dash comes on. the plug for my cruise servo only has 3 wires.... not 4 like every other xj. Every wiring diagram i have found shows 4 wires not 3 and the color of the wires do not match up either.
soo i took it to an "EX" jeep dealership they lost there franchise. they loooked at it and tossed there hands uup=/ telling me what i already knew they said its got 3 wires it needs 4 then the tech says he doesnt know what i can do.
So i need any of you with a 99-01 xj 5spd to post pic or tell me how many wires/what color they are go to your cruise servo! please ive had those switchs in it for 2 months with out them workin. and if you could get the part# for the servo would be great too! thanks

those are the same ones i have =( as you can see the servo has 4 wires goin to it. in the diagram

thanks anways. anyone else!?!? nobody has a 5 spd xj between 99-01??

Not sure if the years are similar or not...., but in my '98 the wires at the Vehicle Speed Control Servo connector are DarkBlue with Red tracer coming from the stop lamp switch, Tan with Red tracer coming from PCM, LightGreen with Red tracer coming from PCM and Black going to ground....

thanks but you too have 4.. wires going to the servo i only have 3 and black isnt one of them lol i tried adding a ground in the open terminal postion with no luck.

Common noone has a 99-01 5spd xj do i have a super! rare xj

Are you sure that you have the correct connector for your cruise servo?

I'm not too familiar with the second gen XJ's.

I'm looking at all data pro right now and the connector that mates with the servo is.. well... the connector is not numbered... strange...

Last edited:
Back