• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much should I sell my Heep for?

jbart08

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1989 Cherokee Pioneer 2 door with a recently (1,100 miles) rebuilt 2.5L engine. The original transmission has been swapped with a 4 speed, still need to confirm if it's the AX4 or not. Has new exhaust and catalytic converter. Typical rust on the rockers and above the rear tires. I put on a roof rack. Has a trailer hitch and wiring that all works. Interior was re-carpeted with a cheap $250 replacement carpet and the trim was repainted a god-awful bright white. I've pulled back the carpet to do floor pan inspections and only saw minor surface rust which i scraped, sanded and painted over. Also comes with the power window conversion kit from Quadratec and a keyless entry kit (cheap, $40 on ebay) that I never had the time to install.

I paid a grand for it 2 years ago, and between the exhaust and engine rebuild I have more into the car than I can ever realistically get out of it. It's running fantastic right now and is finally reliable, but the lack of power and towing capacity makes it completely inadequate to what I now need (bought a camper). What's she worth? I have a feeling I'll never get much selling it or using it for a trade in, so I'll probably hang onto it out of spite if I need to

Thanks in advance,
-j

Back