• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone else buy this rack?

I have one. I have had some people comment on how they like it but to me it looks like something that any kid in a high school metal shop could put together. pretty much made out of conduit and painted with a cheap bedliner paint. it was pretty easy to put together and put on roof and does carry stuff very well but to me looks Cheap.

well i have issues on how it connects on the stock roof rack bars.

the thing is sliding all around. the "clamp" it's called has a bolt through it...is that supposed to make contact with the cross bar or what?

the guy was unclear & btw it rusted up 2 days after putting it up onto the xj.

seven said:
I have one. I have had some people comment on how they like it but to me it looks like something that any kid in a high school metal shop could put together. pretty much made out of conduit and painted with a cheap bedliner paint. it was pretty easy to put together and put on roof and does carry stuff very well but to me looks Cheap.

post pics.

thx.

westsacxj said:
Um, WOW. Good job!

assbublbe.jpg

IMHO NOT worth the money.

I HAD one. Sold it. Did the job OK but was really hard to get attached securely to the stock roof rails. The detents for the rails don't line up right for the rack. Bought Thule gutter rails to replace the stock. Ended up pulling my whole stock assembly off anyway. The rack with a tire wouldn't go into my garage so it defeated my main purpose.

Bought a rear bumper/tire holder and sold the conduit rack. That's really all it is. Conduit painted with undercoating and welded here and there. After welding in my new floor pan, I know I can make one better and cheaper even with my 110v buzz box. It'll be good practice at least.

I kept researching before I bought it..

guess I didn't dig deep enough.

I hate this thing.

I see that the Surco is pretty close to the same price..even with the tire carrier.

crunked said:
notice on the pics of his jeep hes got gutter mounts....hmm.

that's what i was thinking too..now that i notice.

maybe i should just get those to fix it.

or thrown the damn thing in the lake..

I'll sell you mine... No idea what kind it is. I just sandblasted it and got it line-x'ed by my buddy. I do way way to much highway driving on the weekend. Going to fireschool fifty miles a day and the rack, spare, highlift, and whatever else finds it way up there (empty beer bottles, mickey d's bags, skoal cans) and a good gust of wind is all I need to blow off the road...

Back