• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pulling the 4.0

jimbow912

NAXJA Forum User
I'm pulling the motor out of a parts jeep that I have I was looking a round to hook engine lift to and can't fine any thing to hook it to

I think I used a manifold bolt on one end, and something else on the other end/side, but I don't remember what the other one was. I used the two points strapped together with some tubular webbing (since I have alot of it) with the hoist attached in the middle.

Manifold bolt in the back left corner, and one of the accessory mount bolts on the front rt side?

Manifold bolt in the back left corner, and one of the accessory mount bolts on the front rt side?
After looking at it, I see that this is exactly what I did. Of course the center point changes according to what is hooked up, to balance it (mine was rather far back since I removed the entire engine/trans/tc at once)

On mine I used two chains. On the passenger side I used the bolt for the dipstick and one for the AC compressor mount (not on the mount itself, but on the engine block. On the driver's side I used a bolt for the power steering bracket and there was an empty hole on the rear that I used.

Back