• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brief intro, my new money pit.

88pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
I've been on for a while lurking and asking a few random questions, thought I'd throw out a few pics of my rig if anyone's interested.

My 'new' 88 MJ Pioneer 4.0 5spd 4x4 the day I brought it home:

SANY0901.jpg

Grungy Interior:

SANY0933.jpg

And as it currently sits. I'm currently I the process of installing new diffs a '99 D30 and a '00 8.25 both with 3.55's RE 3.5" lift springs up front with RE upper and lower CA's, Adjustable trac bar, large diameter sway bay, ZJ steering and money permitting Bilstein shocks. Out back I'm leaving it as SUA and probably will run HellCreek's 4" lift springs.

SANY1835.jpg

Pretty bare:

SANY1826.jpg

Front brakes will be changed out to '96 model with Clayton brake lines:

SANY1842.jpg

I gutted the tan interior and replaced it with black and gray like I saw in an '89 limited at the JY.

SANY1297.jpg

So far I've updated nearly all of the interior pieces, gone to a full gauge cluster, added power windows and replaced the entire fuse block due to damage from a leaky clutch master cylinder. I've got 95% of the interior pieces together just waiting for time to finish it.:

SANY1881.jpg

Going back with a bench seat:

SANY1815.jpg

Thanks for looking,

:cheers: Jeff

Re: Breif intro, my new money pit.

FAWKING SWEET!!!!

for the record i hate you. i would LOVE to have an MJ

Awesome man! Thats gonna be sweet when you get done with it. By the way, the interior looks great. Are you gonna paint it? If so, what color? What size tires?

i love these restore builds going with OEm parts and getting it cleaned up - great rig!

Awesome man! Thats gonna be sweet when you get done with it. By the way, the interior looks great. Are you gonna paint it? If so, what color? What size tires?

I wasn't sure about the color till I pulled that huge pioneer decal off the side and got a good look at the factory red. That's the color I'm going back with not sure of the exact name of it. I'm going to run 265/75R16s (31.8" tall) to start may end up with 245's.

Nice MJ, keep posting progress.

I'm going to have to buy myself one of these for my lawn service business that I run on the side.

wow for the recored this doent make me like you any more lol

cant wait to see your MJ finished bro.

maybe ill find me one one day....

wow for the recored this doent make me like you any more lol

cant wait to see your MJ finished bro.

maybe ill find me one one day....

That's cool, I drove one when I worked at the dealer in '94 and I've wanted one ever since, This past June I was finally able to afford/find one. I can't wait to get it rolling again. If I stumble on a deal I'll shoot you a PM.

I appreciate the comments fellas. Maybe you guys can talk to my wife, she can't see past the pile of parts in the basement.:dunno:

SANY1892.jpg

Last edited:
If I stumble on a deal I'll shoot you a PM.

oh as cool as that would be bro i have 4 XJs at the house and a 1500 GMC

if ANYtHING showed up at the house my wife would sell it and kill me. lol

Off subject, but in the foreground of the last pic, is that an LTZ250???

Nice MJ. I have an Olymic Edition out back that one of my twins wants. I cannot decide weather to build it up or do a modernization like some have done on here. 97+ front and more modern interior.

Back