• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bastard Pack Question

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
I just wasted money on a slightly bigger block and did not give me the extra height I wanted.:( So I now will do what I should have done.

What bastard pack setup will give me 4". I need to keep it cheap after wasting money on u-bolts and blocks I am currently sitting a 4" up front and 3 1/2" in the rear.

I used a dakota 2wd set minus the 1/2" thick overload leaf used the stock xj overload and it gave me ~4-4 1/2" of lift in the rear.

I am an idiot should have just done this thuoght the block would have been easier but after i had to grind down the pins both around and top. It took to long and cost to much.

I am going to get the s10 springs but my main question is how stiff does it make the ride. My stock pack with add a leaf and block rides nice and has alot of flex.

mine has 95 s25 leafs the ride is a little stiffer than stock but you can hang your full size spare off the bac, put a cooler of beer, a cooler of food , and two tool boxe in the back and still sit with a little bit of rake and on the road i thinks its better than stock. wheeling down in wellsville 4th of july weekend it did wonder ful.

Back