• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP Urgent spring question.

cgriff54

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the middle of changing my front springs and shocks, and the springs that I took out are bigger then the springs I want to put in. I got a set of Grand Cherokee V8 coils (pair on the left) and the one I just took out? I am a little confused, did the JY screw up on this??
spring.JPG

If those don't work and want to get it done asap, you could see if any local parts store (don't forget carquest) has Moog CC784 springs. They add 2 inches and run a little under $100 for the pair.

ETA: the springs still have the part number on them - you could search for it. If it doesn't start with a "GN" it probably won't give you any lift.
'

Last edited:
the uncompressed lenght is not a good indicator of how long a spring will be under load. obviously the spring rate of the v8 will be higher and so a spring of equal lenght will give lift. those might still give you lift if they are stiff enough. you won't know untill you mount them up.

They are probably rear coils(notice they dont have the small dia at the top like they should).

Thanks guys, based on your suggestions I did a little research on the part number and according to this site they are Standard 960 lb ZKG,ZYF springs. So I think I am going to just mount them up and see what happens. I can always take them off if I lose lift.

Part number from new Springs 52088264

Last edited:
They are probably rear coils(notice they dont have the small dia at the top like they should).

"Re-read"- they are the wrong springs and wont work,also your numbers are way off,theres no way those are 960# springs!Also note the bottom is flat wound versus the open winding of the XJ spring.

Last edited:
"Re-read"- they are the wrong springs and wont work,also your numbers are way off,theres no way those are 960# springs!Also note the bottom is flat wound versus the open winding of the XJ spring.

I think my numbers are right on, unless I am reading them wrong??
numbers.JPG

Those are NOT front ZJ coils... ZJ coils look just like XJ coils, but thicker.

If those don't work and want to get it done asap, you could see if any local parts store (don't forget carquest) has Moog CC784 springs. They add 2 inches and run a little under $100 for the pair.
'

I have everything put back together with the stock parts for now, I am going to go with these springs and the new shocks.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Back