• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Tow Hook Mounts

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
Any know of any kits or homebrew Ideas for this I have a stock rear bumper and a trailer hitch with a D ring for the rear and do not use the trailer hitch would like to get rid of it. Dont want to buy a rear bumper at the moment. I do have a front bumper with D rings which I have used before never needed the rear yet.

The trailer hitch bolts into the frame rail nutstrips next to the gas tank right? I'd probably take it off, chop it up, and use the end sections as brackets for tow hooks - or just attach tow hooks to it and put it back on.

Don't take off the hitch. Use it for rear recovery. It's not that heavy, and if you use it as you recovery point you are distributing the force to both sides of the unibody.

There is no good alternative for rear recovery.

I have that. That is what I want to get rid of. I heard some thing about a factory rear tow hook on the Up country model anyone have pics.

I have that. That is what I want to get rid of. I heard some thing about a factory rear tow hook on the Up country model anyone have pics.

There's another thread that talks about them.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=244534729#post244534729

standard.jpg

Bens12.jpg

The search feature is a beautiful thing.

Ther are very few recocery product or mods you can do that are stronger than the rear hitch. This would include most aftermarket bumpers. Factory style Tow hook bracket would be about the weakest.

Back