• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Lock Conversion

The lock mechanisms themselves should have the required actuator hole, I'm not sure about the wiring harnesses. The door shell is a single part number per year (except for 2dr vs 4dr), so it should have the mounting holes... so I think what you'll need is the solenoids, the actuator bars, possibly the little plastic clip that holds the actuator bar into the latch mechanism, some nuts&bolts, the switch/latch panels from a power lock equipped vehicle, and possibly the wiring harnesses. All of it should be an easy junkyard trip except possibly the wiring harnesses if they are required, those are always fun to get out.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the solenoids are riveted in at the factory, so bring a set of drill bits and a cordless/hand drill

Sweet, I'm glad found this. I'm considering adding power accessories to my 97 XJ SE. Currently I have a 98 XJ Sport that I'm parting. If anyone knows of a write up, I would be very greatful. Also, was the rear hatch also power?

Good question - yes it definitely is. Otherwise I'd never get mine open, because my lock cylinder is so full of road salt and detritus that I can't get the key in :D

I hadn't even thought about that actuator. I'll have to take a look tomorrow morning at the JY or something...

Some of the actuators were riveted and some were actually bolted in. I don't recall where I came across this info.

I have two actuators I was going to install in the MJ, but it's intimidating.

Back