PDA

View Full Version : t-case help

rpraterxj
September 10th, 2009, 21:50
Anyone really good with a 231 t-case? I need some help troubleshooting mine and possibly taking it apart to see if I misaligned something while installing the SYE.

Looking for some help on Sat or Sun. I am pretty flexible.

jeeperjohn
September 10th, 2009, 22:23
When I did mine I did not get the snap ring fully seated in the front part of the main shaft and it prevented it from shifting into 4lo I think it was. Also did you measure the mode fork shaft? Did it need to be cut?

Clean Racing
September 11th, 2009, 09:22
Also did you measure the mode fork shaft? Did it need to be cut?

Most of the newer (96+) 231's have the shorter mode fork shaft than the earlier ones.. They also have the cast aluminum range forks too.. I always swap those out with the early steel ones with new pads.. sounds like the shift sleeve is on backwards.. Robert just bring it over I will fix it for ya..

rpraterxj
September 11th, 2009, 09:38
Most of the newer (96+) 231's have the shorter mode fork shaft than the earlier ones.. They also have the cast aluminum range forks too.. I always swap those out with the early steel ones with new pads.. sounds like the shift sleeve is on backwards.. Robert just bring it over I will fix it for ya..

Thanks Scott. I will talk with later today!

terryg
September 11th, 2009, 12:31
robert, is that all u need to do to get trail-ready?

rpraterxj
September 11th, 2009, 13:25
robert, is that all u need to do to get trail-ready?

kind of... I need to drive it to make sure everything else is ok, then a shake down run!

I need to install my rock rails and a front tow point. I can't afford a bumper this week....LOL