• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

t-case help

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone really good with a 231 t-case? I need some help troubleshooting mine and possibly taking it apart to see if I misaligned something while installing the SYE.

Looking for some help on Sat or Sun. I am pretty flexible.

When I did mine I did not get the snap ring fully seated in the front part of the main shaft and it prevented it from shifting into 4lo I think it was. Also did you measure the mode fork shaft? Did it need to be cut?

Also did you measure the mode fork shaft? Did it need to be cut?

Most of the newer (96+) 231's have the shorter mode fork shaft than the earlier ones.. They also have the cast aluminum range forks too.. I always swap those out with the early steel ones with new pads.. sounds like the shift sleeve is on backwards.. Robert just bring it over I will fix it for ya..

Most of the newer (96+) 231's have the shorter mode fork shaft than the earlier ones.. They also have the cast aluminum range forks too.. I always swap those out with the early steel ones with new pads.. sounds like the shift sleeve is on backwards.. Robert just bring it over I will fix it for ya..

Thanks Scott. I will talk with later today!

robert, is that all u need to do to get trail-ready?

kind of... I need to drive it to make sure everything else is ok, then a shake down run!

I need to install my rock rails and a front tow point. I can't afford a bumper this week....LOL

Back