• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

only have power to 1/2 the fuse box

OffRoadOhio

NAXJA Forum User
I only have power to 1/2 the fuse box in my 90. its the side that has the turn signal, wiper, blower, radio, ect.. basically everything that has power with the key on only.

Any ideas?

In the underhood fuse box there should be a fuse to run the key on items and some other fuses to run the other items that are not controlled by key on.

A 90 doesn't have an underhood fuse box. Remove and reconnect the harness where it feeds through the firewall. Have you had a brake master cylinder leak. Brake fluid plays hell with connectors and melts fuse boxes.

I took everything out so I could look at the plug where it goes through the firewall but didnt unplug that I'll try that tommorrow and see what it looks like in there. I dotn ahve any visibly melted wires behind the fuse box when I pulled it from the firewall.

I checked all the fusable links I could find under the hood and all the relays I co0uld find under the dash and everything seems fine there.

I had a similar problem, but it was the opposite problem, anything that was supposted to be hot all the time was out, clock and radio memory, dome lights, the head lamps and tail lamps were working, the fusable links were all good. Turns out I had a bad ground under the dash. Check the grounds under the hood on the drivers side inner fender well and the ground in the rear cargo area, behind the trim panel.

Back