• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What year came with an air bag and the double brake booster?

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Still looking at XJ's.....being picky. I don't know for sure which year got the double sized brake booster (think '95?) and came with the drivers air bag.

Thanks.

it was 95 that came with airbag and double booster

great-responsablity.jpg

Ha!

Why do I need Google when I have all of you experts? :)

I'm reasonably sure that 94 was the last year without airbags and with the single chamber booster.

I know I've seen '96's with the air bag, I don't know about '95. I believe '95 came with the bigger booster.

I figure someone with a '95 will answer eventually.

Definitely 1995. Ask Kyung. His was a 95 and the airbag saved his face when he jumped that bomb crater at JV.

my 95 has the double chamber booster, and the drivers airbag. well... HAD a drivers airbag ;) ... my buddies 94 has neither.

Sweet. Thanks everyone. For a mostly daily driver, I think that makes a '95 up a little more desireable.

So now I'm looking at a couple of '92's. :rolleyes:

the booster is an easy enough swap, and with the cash for clunkers deal filling the yards with parts, now would be an easy time to find a 95+ booster (or a WJ booster which is even bigger and works a bit better) hell if you find a clean WJ take the whole front braking system, the knuckles and everything attached to em.

Still looking at XJ's.....being picky. I don't know for sure which year got the double sized brake booster (think '95?) and came with the drivers air bag.

Thanks.

Richard,

I have a 94 and it doesn't have the air bag but it does come with the double size brake booster. I am thinking that the 96 and newer came with the air bag.

the booster is an easy enough swap, and with the cash for clunkers deal filling the yards with parts, now would be an easy time to find a 95+ booster (or a WJ booster which is even bigger and works a bit better) hell if you find a clean WJ take the whole front braking system, the knuckles and everything attached to em.

I know you youngin's haven't been around as long as some of us. :)

I was the first one to discover and install the later dual booster and master cylinder in my '88 XJ. I did it like 11 years ago.

:cheers:

Grabbing all the front end stuff from a WJ is a good idea...........

thats why us young guys stick around, to keep reminding you old farts of everything you forget when oldtimers sets in :D

thats why us young guys stick around, to keep reminding you old farts of everything you forget when oldtimers sets in :D

Yeah, it's been kind of funny, I'm asking around about all these questions about stock XJ's. It's just been too damn long since I've messed with one. My yellow XJ was lifted and locked and wheeled hard before there ever was a '97 model.

Plus, I figure why bother to clutter your brain with info that you can just ask someone about when you need it. :D

Back