• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

We're taking over GOATFEST!!!!

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

We, the SOCAL Chapter, will be taking over the annual JV run in November known as Goatfest. Your BOD is working with Richard (Goatman) to help get this gathering rolling.

Watch for more details.

The date will be Nov. 7th on Means Dry Lake in JV.

Richard will handle the BBQ. More details to come on this.

We will have a raffle. Proceed will be divided between Firends of JV and the Adopt-a-Trail program in Big Bear. We are looking for help on raffle items and setting-up/cleaning up.

There are lots of options for playing in the dirt out there.

This has been a great event for the past several years with a great turn out. We plan on keeping up the traditional fun.

We will have t-shirts available on a pre-pay basis. More details to come on this as well.

So mark your calendars.

PM me, Remi, or Josh with any questions or suggestions, or if you want to help out in any way.

Last edited:
Marked on the calendar! :)

sign.jpg

http://justaddrocks.com/Johnson_Valley_OHV/images_wb/sign.jpg

I'll be there.......

:wave:

I'll need a seat.....any extra ones out there?

I might have a seat open. I won't know for sure until it gets closer though.

What I run may be too tame for you though....

someone wanna help a newbie out and explain goatfest? I'm finding wheeling photos galore, but that's about it...is it just another meet and greet/trail run?

Meet n Greet
Trail Run
Boating
Shooting Range
BBQ
Fund raiser for FOJV and SBNF AAT
etc.
:flame:

Oh wait was boating a different event at the Lakebed?

someone wanna help a newbie out and explain goatfest? I'm finding wheeling photos galore, but that's about it...is it just another meet and greet/trail run?

Well, it's actually called the Rockin' XJ Jamboree, but most refer to it as Goatfest (I think thanks to JB). It's an annual trip to Johnson Valley where we've had quite a bit of fun every year (some more fun than others :D) There have been 50-75 rigs each year, and we've fed over a hundred people on Sat night every year.

I've been putting it on, with help from plenty of friends, but this year I'm passing the baton to the SoCal chapter.

Back