• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Miss/Buck when driving

killer98xjsport

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98 xj that for almost a year know when driving there is miss or a buck because is it very harsh. When this happens you can see the rpms jump up on the tach. Some times it happens all the time and other times won't happen for day. It's got to the point that I am ready to drive the thing off a cliff and buy a new car. This is what I have done so far, New tps, cap and rotor and coil using an MSD coil and spark plug wires. I have replaced the oxygen sensor not for this problem but the heaters were bad. I think it has to be related to the ignition system or why would you see the rpms jump. It never sets and fault codes. I also bought a used ecu and no luck. I was thinking it could be a bad cam sensor? Ready for some input before I Tourch the thing.
Thanks.

Is it an AW4? Could be related to the torque converter lockup.

A Miss Buck is called a "Doe" BTW. They come in several varieties, Whitetail, Mule and Florida come to mind.

Back