• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pros and Cons of Lower long arms with stock uppers?

muddeprived

NAXJA Forum User
I'm just curious on the pros and cons of using long arm lowers but stock uppers. I see a kit or two that supplies brackets and lower long arms but keeps the stock uppers in place. I would think the geometry would be off but I'm no suspension building expert so I'm askin you guys.

....for instance, the Teraflex kit?

I know there are kits out there that are made that way but it's not a good way to go. The changes in caster with suspension movement would be dramatic. The best bet is get a 3 or 4 link long arm kit to begin with.

....for instance, the Teraflex kit?
I have the Teraflex kit on mine. I made custom long upper arms and a custom crossmember to mount them to. It works extremely well. If I did it again I would have mounted the lower control arms on the crossmember as well because they hang down kinda low. I just might modify it here soon.

Last edited:
Dont even waste your time/money on that type of set-up!

I don't plan on buying that kit, just interested in how it would work.

I'm more likely gonna go with trek's unless i can find an upgrade kit for full traction's long arms instead of the entire kit.

I'm more likely gonna go with trek's unless i can find an upgrade kit for full traction's long arms instead of the entire kit.

I hear they have binding problems...

Back