• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil pressure

ridge_runnerxj

NAXJA Forum User
does any one have problems with their oil pressure guages. on mid 90's xj's. mine pegs out alot and sometiomes doesnt get over 10 psi? i got a 95 xj.
weres the best location for an aftermarket sending unit?

I got my sensor unit at a local parts store. Even there they're not cheap, running in the 30+ buck range, I think, But your problem is probably there. Check the wiring first though. On post-91 systems, it will peg if it is disconnected or if resistance in the wiring or connection goes up.

Clean the contact on the sender first. Then replace if necessary.
Test by disconnecting...should read zero. Jump the wires and it should peg.
Might be a grounding problem also.

AlohaBra said:
Clean the contact on the sender first. Then replace if necessary.
Test by disconnecting...should read zero. Jump the wires and it should peg.
Might be a grounding problem also.
That's the Renix rule. Reverse it for Chrysler (91-up) sensors: it will peg when disconnected, and drop when shorted.

now im not sure of your problem but ever time i came to a stop light/sign my oil presure would drop to 0 and the check gauges light came on at idle in park my oil presure was 10 psi raised idle it would only get to 20 psi i replaced the sending unit and oil pump and did not fix the problem i replaced mains and rod bearings this still did not fix the problem i finaly replaced cam bearings and that did the trick now my oil presure at idle in park is 50 psi and at a stop light/sign 40 psi runs great

Back