• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Cherokee Running rough! HELP!

89OldRed

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 89 cherokee with the 4.OL was fine, then one day wouldnt start. heard cranks go out so i replaced crank sensor and it started but was running rough. took it to a dealer an they said injectors were bad. replaced all of those an was running good for about 2 weeks. then all the sudden it started running rough again. when it idles its a little rough but when i drive it runs bad and if i just rev it up it will go up good but come down to about 200 RPMS and almost die. Please help me i need it fixed bad!!

first off welcome to the community

tps, iac, map, are just a few possibilities.

I will be nice before the SEARCH mongrels get you...
This has been covered to death and beyond. Please use the search button and also look on the button of this page for similar posts.

Here is a good link to help you about the sensors and how to check most of them.
http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Engine/Basic_Sensors_Diagnostics.htm

and you have a pm with a gift link

yeah i saw after i posted. but some of those i have done already. i checked tps and adjusted an i took IAC out and cleaned. it was a little sticky and black on tip, but i dont know why it would work for 2 weeks and then not work or why any of those sensors would do that.

Back