• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stuck in 4Wheel Drive

Teamoatmealpie

NAXJA Forum User
My 99 XJ seems to be stuck in 4wheel, it did this just a few times before and pulling the lever back up and down once or twice seemed to usually do the trick. Now it dont want to go out.
Any one ever had this happen before, I checked the engagment on underneath it it seems to going thru its full range of motion. My fear is is going to need $$
Any hints much appreciated

Thanks in advance

i assume its an Auto ? try rolling forward in drive and then shifting into neutral while its rolling. if that don't work try doing it in reverse. don't mess with the lever while doing this. just the drive shifter. mine usually takes a minute or two of doing this before it fully dissengages also.

Guys
Thanks for the hints will try it.

And and FYI for the PDX guys- Lolo pass is is pretty nice, the winter rains have made the powerline road super gnar, makes for a fun little run, it you are locked its not hard, but is a fun little run.
I live close by so I run up there after work to play and stuff.

Back