• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help!

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in digital illustration class right now, and my current project is a vector drawing of a vehicle. im doing my XJ, but i dont have a high enough resolution photo, the teacher wants me to start over (there goes 4 hours worth of work :smsoap:) i hate to make a pic request, but i need a clean high res shot of a jeepspeeder, prerunner or full race truck either is fine. instead of filling the forum with huge pics you can email me at LAHardcore at gmail dot com or PM me a link.

this is a 4 week project, so it will be some time before its done, but at the very least you'll end up with a professional quality illustration of your jeep! this is my final for this class so i need your help!

thanks guys, remember, the higher res the better! im talking 6mpix or better, and a still shot would work better than an action shot. i need to be able to see small details.

thanks guys!

-G

(mods feel free to tank this post if its innapropriate, but i really need help here im on a deadline and google image search isnt helping any.)

i dont need a finished pic i need just a photo of a jeep, i can do it i just dont have a high enough resolution pic to see all the details, and my jeep is 100 miles away from me so i cant go take a pic of it :(

when i said im in class right now, i literally meant right this moment. i need to have something to show my professor by the end of class.... :eyes:

:(

I suppose if it could be of any help I could go take a few shots of my Jeep but they cant be action shots because I dont have a camera guy thats not in class at the moment

I suppose if it could be of any help I could go take a few shots of my Jeep but they cant be action shots because I dont have a camera guy thats not in class at the moment

i said i didnt want action shots ;) its better if its sitting still, i can see more of the details in it.

i think Baja Curt has me covered. thanks guys! :wave1: ill be sure to post up the results as i go.

Alright haha I didnt read the whole post since you were in a hurry I just read the part that said by the end of class and prerunner shots

huge thanks to Curt for getting me an image to work with. here is the work in progress, in case you guys were wondering what i was talking about ;)

jeep_trace1.jpg

traced from this image (scaled down off course)

3264482073_6e755823ff.jpg

there are still a few issues i need to work out, mainly the grill and the interior cage work. im waiting to get the Professor's approval before i go on though to make sure he doesnt tank this one and make me start all over again.

Nice Job Mike!
Can't wait to see the finished product!

Looks great Grimm! I love how you can tell the door is open in your drawing!

Digital Illustration class. its a project for school... its not for commercial use if thats why you're asking ;)

just for reference here is the image that he said wasnt detailed enough. as you can see i stepped up the linework quite a bit. this is my first attempt at drawings of this type, but i think im getting better.. at least i hope so lol

jeep_vector.jpg

Back