• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some pics from small Gates trip

XJ=Fun

NAXJA Forum User
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

^Bear Grylls shed out in the middle of nowhere?
ry%3D400

My jeep is the white one, the grey one is my friend dan89XJ

Thats it for pics ? I took a couple for you, and dont see them ! That was a fun place to explore.. but I think we covered most of it in half a day. The Gates area would be a good place to go when it snows.

Dumb question but when you say Gates trip are you meaning In the city of gates? I have property in Lyons an am always trying to find new places to go wheeling down there. So far the only place i have been is up towards rocky top. Really nice area. Im always down to go up there and do some wheelin and shooting. Let me know.. :D
l_c8b5b655e42b49eebcc9381048ca6499.jpg

I have a theory that there is some wheeling up north of Elkhorn toward the Molalla River. I'm guessing there is even a way all the way through to Molalla but I've yet to be able to try it.

Dumb question but when you say Gates trip are you meaning In the city of gates? I have property in Lyons an am always trying to find new places to go wheeling down there. So far the only place i have been is up towards rocky top. Really nice area. Im always down to go up there and do some wheelin and shooting. Let me know.. :D
l_c8b5b655e42b49eebcc9381048ca6499.jpg

Yes.. town of Gates on hwy 22 just north of Mill City. Where is rocky top ? I have not heard of that place.

For Elkhorn to Molalla.. I think you can cut North though Forrest service roads from Elkhorn to Molalla. I did a quick look and a road called Evans Mountain Rd goes from Elkhorn to an area I am familiar with that has roads that goes to Molalla. I'd like to try it someday.

Yeah, lyons is next door to Mill City. From Gates if you head towards Detroit lake Youll come up to Packsaddle park.. Just a couple miles past that on the left you will see a big red water wheel. Take a left on that road.. From there there are signs everywere pointing to Rocky Top. At the top there is suppose to be a huge natural Rock arch. We never could make it to the top because the road was out within a half mile from the end, lol.

The Views up there are spectacular and the roads go forever.

Hey! I went to that arch on Saturday. It's called Phantom Natural Bridge and the only way we were able to access it was via the 2223 road.

I've heard mention of Rocky Point before, it's located here

Back