• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF GPS Map trade ?

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
So i have a ton of TSF mapped on GPS. Complete with GeoCaches, Campgrounds, trails and trail heads. I am trying to put it all together with my garmin mapsource software. My main issue is there is so much it gets confusing looking at it all overlapped. so i am trying to downsize it to the best tracks i have.

Just curious if anyone has the main gravil roads mapped ? or if anyone wants to trade some GPS maps of TSF. You need to have mapsource software and Adobe in order for this to work.

Dave and i did this a while back and it worked great for setting a starter map of the trails up on his GPS.

Let me know what ya got or what ya want and we can trade email info.

I have the eTrex Legend. But that shouldnt matter most garmin mapping software is compatible with different units, as long as they are Garmin.

I was curious, because i want to pick up a 60Cs and im thinkin i could somehow download the data you have already saved:roflmao:

I was curious, because i want to pick up a 60Cs and im thinkin i could somehow download the data you have already saved:roflmao:

You can ! thats the whole point of this thread. if you have the software that came with it "Mapsource" then i can email you the data i have and you can upload to your unit and Voila !!! you'll have everything i have mapped on your GPS.

now this is just gonna piss off the wife. i gotta get me a new toy:farmer:

I went and looked on my 60csx and I have the topo software in it and it has most of the gravel roads. I have the software on my computer I can send you a file of the area to you. I also have the national geographic software. You cant put it on your gps but if you want a make maps of a area they are great for old road and trails.

I went and looked on my 60csx and I have the topo software in it and it has most of the gravel roads. I have the software on my computer I can send you a file of the area to you. I also have the national geographic software. You cant put it on your gps but if you want a make maps of a area they are great for old road and trails.

is the map you have with the gravil roads transferable ?

I have it on the disc I know i can send it from my computer to the gps it is just a matter if I can send a file or if you have to have the software?

I just want to throw out there. Garmin is very sensitive to trading maps. Especially CD's.

I have some stuff to hook you up with Rod. Both for driving directions as well as Topo map.

The maps I have also make the forest road routable. Although it may not be the quickest way around TSF they always get me there.

Scott, I have the 60CSx, and I love it. Never lets me down. and its rare very rare if I don't have satellites.

I just want to throw out there. Garmin is very sensitive to trading maps. Especially CD's.

I have some stuff to hook you up with Rod. Both for driving directions as well as Topo map.

The maps I have also make the forest road routable. Although it may not be the quickest way around TSF they always get me there.

Scott, I have the 60CSx, and I love it. Never lets me down. and its rare very rare if I don't have satellites.

I'm not talking about software Dave. just getting better data (clloected data) to update whats on my unit. Or so others can have something to start with. When i look at the stuff i have its usefull, but not all super detailed. Hard to tell what road / trail yur on sometimes, lol :confused1

Back