• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear seal

DieselAirman

NAXJA Forum User
Well I bit the bullit and did the seal last week. It was straight forward except for the girdle over the bottom end No one had ever seen one before. Any way took my time and did everything right. I kept looking for leaks and there wasn't any. For a good three days. Then a little puddle formed, and now every time I park it I have that telltale stain on the cement. I don't know how I could have been any more careful thean what I was. I put the silicone on the bottom seal, keeping it off the cap as much as possible, and it still leaked. Anybody know of any back yard tricks that I might use to fix this?

Recheck the pan bolts. If you used a cork gasket, the cork crushes and then "settles in".

double check that the oil filter adapter, distributor gasket, and valve cover gasket are not leaking also. I have "fixed" an oil leak by changing something I knew was leaking and solved the total problem for a few days only because I cleaned everything off when I did the job. A few days later, I find a spot that slowly grows back to the size of the original.

Back