• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Left Side Parking/Marker Lights Dead

sjroocos

NAXJA Forum User
All my lights work fine except for the parking lights and side marker light on the driver side of my 2000 XJ.

Can anyone tell me where to start looking for the problem? It's not the bulbs.

Is there a common wire or connector that I should be looking at?

Thanks.

Steve in Colorado Springs
2000 XJ

left and right running/marker lights are on seperate circuits, I would start at the fuse first then check the voltage at the bulbs, if there is none then check the connections along the chassis.

07 – 10A Left Parking Lamps
23 – 10A Right Parking Lamps

Check your grounds in the sockets. In older jeeps the ground in the socket itself would go bad (poor design). I attached a new ground wire to the ground tang in the side of the socket.

We have a winner. It was the fuse.

I had discounted the fuse because the turn signals worked, but figured it couldn't hurt to check after you mentioned it.

Thanks for the help. Saved me LOTS of time trying to track it down.

Steve in Colorado Springs
2000 XJ

I thank you guys as well. My 01 xj had the same problem with the factory fog lights out as well. Should have looked here before I spent so much time testing.

I thank you guys as well. My 01 xj had the same problem with the factory fog lights out as well. Should have looked here before I spent so much time testing.

isnt checking the fuse the first thing you check when testing a curcuit???

problems with the fog lights is usually a burnt or faulty switch

Back