• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help identify my manual transmission,( please)

wild1joker

NAXJA Forum User
i'm in the process of replacing my clutch because of a leaking slave cylinder. (under warranty at autozone) whole clutch kit. kit #1619.They double checked and all years,all kits have the same pilot bearing. Anyway the pilot bearing included in the kit is the wrong size. my transmission input shaft O.D is 3/4 inch and the pilot bearing in the kit is approx. 5/8 inch id. the pilot bearing in my transmission has the # sce 1210 stamped on it . The number stamped on the bottom of my trans housing is 20503383. there is a sticker on top of the trans # 53009528. no other numbers at all. The pilot bearing outer diameter will not fit inside the adapter in the crankshaft . I have a 93 cherokee 4x4 country. my engine is dated oct 1992. 4.0 liter. Thanks to all who care to help.:dunno:

yes, i know it should be an ax15 , but i cannot get a pilot bearing for it because when the parts store looks it up they keep giving me the wrong bearing. so what i'm asking A. what is the correct size of the input shaft. B do i have ,or has someone before me modified the trans?.or changed it with an ax15 out of a different vehicle?

yes, i know it should be an ax15 , but i cannot get a pilot bearing for it because when the parts store looks it up they keep giving me the wrong bearing. so what i'm asking A. what is the correct size of the input shaft. B do i have ,or has someone before me modified the trans?.or changed it with an ax15 out of a different vehicle?

1. Measure the shaft.

2. Go to a different parts store or the dealer, or rockauto.com:

BCA/NATIONAL Part # SCE1295
MoreInfo.gif
{Needle Bearing / Shaft Diameter=0.75" Housing Diameter=1" Width=0.5618"}
Needle Bearing
getimage.php

$9.38$0.00$9.38
AddToCart.gif

BCA/NATIONAL Part # FC69907
MoreInfo.gif
{Needle Bearing / Shaft Diameter=0.7518" Housing Diameter=1.8161" Width=0.565"}
Needle Bearing; Brg. & Sleeve
getimage.php

$10.31$0.00$10.31
AddToCart.gif

thank you!. that is what i needed. Auto zone has the wrong bearing in their kits. all are approx. 18/32 for all years. but the 1992 thru 1999 should in clude the pilot bearing that measures approx. 3/4 inch. OF course they don't think so. So thanks again. Ill save those numbers .:sunshine:

thank you!. that is what i needed. Auto zone has the wrong bearing in their kits. all are approx. 18/32 for all years. but the 1992 thru 1999 should in clude the pilot bearing that measures approx. 3/4 inch. OF course they don't think so. So thanks again. Ill save those numbers .:sunshine:

Glad to help.

I have found rockauto.com as well as NAPA online to be quite helpful when researching info on parts.

I believe the 1986-91 AX15 had a 0.59" diameter input, and it changed to a 0.75" input in 1992. Might have been at the same time the output shaft spline count changed.

Its no surprise that Autozone was trying to give you the wrong part. Their computer system has lots of bad lookups like that, and usually the employees have zero experience and blindly insist the computer is correct. Like the twit who insisted that I had a carberator on my 89 MJ.

Back